Yesterday was a total stress: mentally and emotionally.
My husband and I was able to discuss about the induction last night...with stirred emotions. I was able to tell him about my thoughts and preferences, and he shared his opinions. We had a tentative decision before we went off to bed, and this morning, a final decision was made.
We are going to cancel the induction that is scheduled next week (the day after Evie's due date). We will wait for another week, that if, it's still safe for our baby to stay inside that long. I feel more comfortable and at peace if we will wait for another week than rushing her birth using medical intervention. Thanks to a friend who made me realized this (you know who you are).
We went back to the OB this morning. We wanted to directly talk to any of the 2 doctors that were taking care of my medical needs, but, they're not available. A lady attended us (seems like she's got a high position in the office) and ask about our concerns. So, we told her about it. She said that she cannot comment about our case, only the doctors, so we need to see and talk with any of the two (Dr. Messer or Dr. Stephens).
She moved my OB appointment next week. Instead of Wednesday, it was changed to Monday. And instead of the nurse to attend to me (who was supposed to be meeting us on Wednesday), Dr. Messer will. Come Monday we will tell Dr. Messer our concerns and plans. I should have another exam, so is the baby's weekly checkup.
Actually, one of my concerns too is Evie's size. She might be getting too big now for me to deliver her naturally. But with all hopes and prayers, I still look forward for it.
August 27, 2009 is the date that my husband and I agreed to have the induction, just in case. But who knows? She might surprise us next week. I still have 2 weeks to hope and to pray.
Showing posts with label pregnancy complications. Show all posts
Showing posts with label pregnancy complications. Show all posts
Friday, August 14, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
12th OB Appointment: Anxious, Worried, Confuse
(39 weeks, attended by Michelle Carnes, RN)
Gained 2lbs. Blood pressure is good. Baby's heartbeat is good. Cervix, 1% effaced.
As what the nurse said, the progress of dilation is not like what they (medical practitioners I supposed) expect at 39 weeks. So, we discussed about induction. We were told that waiting for the baby to naturally come out at least one week late is fine. Later than that, the placenta gets older and might not be able to supplement the baby's needs.
We were asked if we want to schedule induction in case Evie does not come next week or the week after. I really didn't think nor ask about the pros and cons of induction. Since the subject was opened, all I could think is that, it must be the best for the baby, because if not, why would they ask our thoughts about inducing me after a week or so.
We were told that we have to make a schedule a week before the planned date because the hospital might be filled by then if we scheduled later. I do not want to be on that situation, so, my instant impulse was to decide for a date. Their schedule for induction is only from Monday thru Thursday. We have our Immigration interview on the 18th (Tuesday), so we could not go on the said date. The 19th, and the 20th are open. She asked if I would care which doctor would I want to attend me during the delivery. While she went out to check the schedule and which doctor is on call on the possible dates, my husband and I decided that we will go for Dr. Messer. When the nurse came back, she informed us that Dr. Stephens is free on the 19th and 20th. However, Dr. Messer can take care of me on the 21st (Friday) if I want to. To conclude, next Friday is the day we expect to finally see and hold Evie.
Later this day, I heard not-so-good stories of two friends who went through induction and both of them ended in CS because of fetal distress (and maternal distress). The experience left emotional and mental scars. Hearing these stories made me question myself if making a quick say to be induced next week is the right decision. I can really wait for a week or two after the due date. But I am concern of the baby's health and safety while she's inside me and that's what matters of all.
I solicited the opinions of mothers on my Facebook network about the plan. Their support, advices and suggestions should help me decide what move to do next. Most of all, I need my husband's understanding, opinion, and support.
This is the hardest situation I have to deal with my pregnancy. Though my pregnancy is almost over, I feel all the emotional and mental pressure on me. I am scared something bad happens because of making the wrong decision.
Gained 2lbs. Blood pressure is good. Baby's heartbeat is good. Cervix, 1% effaced.
As what the nurse said, the progress of dilation is not like what they (medical practitioners I supposed) expect at 39 weeks. So, we discussed about induction. We were told that waiting for the baby to naturally come out at least one week late is fine. Later than that, the placenta gets older and might not be able to supplement the baby's needs.
We were asked if we want to schedule induction in case Evie does not come next week or the week after. I really didn't think nor ask about the pros and cons of induction. Since the subject was opened, all I could think is that, it must be the best for the baby, because if not, why would they ask our thoughts about inducing me after a week or so.
We were told that we have to make a schedule a week before the planned date because the hospital might be filled by then if we scheduled later. I do not want to be on that situation, so, my instant impulse was to decide for a date. Their schedule for induction is only from Monday thru Thursday. We have our Immigration interview on the 18th (Tuesday), so we could not go on the said date. The 19th, and the 20th are open. She asked if I would care which doctor would I want to attend me during the delivery. While she went out to check the schedule and which doctor is on call on the possible dates, my husband and I decided that we will go for Dr. Messer. When the nurse came back, she informed us that Dr. Stephens is free on the 19th and 20th. However, Dr. Messer can take care of me on the 21st (Friday) if I want to. To conclude, next Friday is the day we expect to finally see and hold Evie.
Later this day, I heard not-so-good stories of two friends who went through induction and both of them ended in CS because of fetal distress (and maternal distress). The experience left emotional and mental scars. Hearing these stories made me question myself if making a quick say to be induced next week is the right decision. I can really wait for a week or two after the due date. But I am concern of the baby's health and safety while she's inside me and that's what matters of all.
I solicited the opinions of mothers on my Facebook network about the plan. Their support, advices and suggestions should help me decide what move to do next. Most of all, I need my husband's understanding, opinion, and support.
This is the hardest situation I have to deal with my pregnancy. Though my pregnancy is almost over, I feel all the emotional and mental pressure on me. I am scared something bad happens because of making the wrong decision.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Fifth OB/GYN Appointment: Placenta Previa Free!
May 14, 2009 (25 weeks)
Had my pelvic ultrasound in Oasis OB/GYN. It was exciting to see our little Eve again. This time, she's bigger and making a lot of movements. Her mouth was even blabbering, ha ha. I wonder what she's saying. Maybe, "Hi Mommy! Hi Daddy! I'm here!!!" She was also stretching one of his arm. It's very cute. Her heartbeat is perfect and she weighs 2 lbs and 5 ounces. I was so amused of the printed picture given to us because Eve had a very cute sideview posing. It looked like she's telling us "Here's your Miss Universe!" LOL. I love staring on that picture. Can't wait until I can have her in my arms.
Actually the main purpose of the ultrasound was to find out if the placenta which was seen near my cervix during my previous ultrasound had shifted. My husband asked about it, but the sonographer didn't give him a thorough explanation. She only said that everything looked good. So we had to wait to know the exact result on our next appointment with the doctor. That will be the next day.
May 15, 2009 (Friday) 8:30AM
I was not emotionally feeling good at all when we went to the doctor. I had some concern regarding my family at home (Philippines) specially my mother when I talked to her over the phone last night. My husband was wondering about my silence and we were not really talking that much inside the OB/GYN's office. My sense of independence was overwhelming me, so I thought to myself that I can do it alone.
Anyhow, I gained 6 pounds from my last weight: from 128lbs to 134lbs. We met a new doctor this time. Her name is Dr. Deann Bullaro Anderer. She's quite enthusiastic and I felt at ease with her presence. The good news she told us was, my placenta have completely shifted and is no longer positioned near my cervix. Praise be to God! My wish of having Eve be born naturally is now a big possibility.
One thing Dr. Anderer was concerned about was the baby's growth. She's already 90% in growth and to think I still have three more months to go. She said that the baby is big and even asked my husband how big was he when he was born. They will monitor the baby's growth and I may even have another ultrasound to make sure that our baby girl will not be too big for me to deliver the natural way or else they will induce me a week or weeks earlier from the due date (August 20, 2009). Eve's heartbeat was checked and everything about it was perfect. She advised me to go plunging and swimming in the pool because it will help reduce the swelling on some parts of my body.
I personally like this doctor. Maybe because she's very approachable and she encouraged me to speak up the things I worry or I'm concern about. We may even choose her to be the one to take care of me during the labor and delivery day. We'll see. We still have to meet the other two doctors again and see which one we are most comfortable dealing with.
I am very happy that God has answered our prayers regarding my condition with placenta previa. He is always faithful and He knows what is best for me.
Had my pelvic ultrasound in Oasis OB/GYN. It was exciting to see our little Eve again. This time, she's bigger and making a lot of movements. Her mouth was even blabbering, ha ha. I wonder what she's saying. Maybe, "Hi Mommy! Hi Daddy! I'm here!!!" She was also stretching one of his arm. It's very cute. Her heartbeat is perfect and she weighs 2 lbs and 5 ounces. I was so amused of the printed picture given to us because Eve had a very cute sideview posing. It looked like she's telling us "Here's your Miss Universe!" LOL. I love staring on that picture. Can't wait until I can have her in my arms.
Actually the main purpose of the ultrasound was to find out if the placenta which was seen near my cervix during my previous ultrasound had shifted. My husband asked about it, but the sonographer didn't give him a thorough explanation. She only said that everything looked good. So we had to wait to know the exact result on our next appointment with the doctor. That will be the next day.
May 15, 2009 (Friday) 8:30AM
I was not emotionally feeling good at all when we went to the doctor. I had some concern regarding my family at home (Philippines) specially my mother when I talked to her over the phone last night. My husband was wondering about my silence and we were not really talking that much inside the OB/GYN's office. My sense of independence was overwhelming me, so I thought to myself that I can do it alone.
Anyhow, I gained 6 pounds from my last weight: from 128lbs to 134lbs. We met a new doctor this time. Her name is Dr. Deann Bullaro Anderer. She's quite enthusiastic and I felt at ease with her presence. The good news she told us was, my placenta have completely shifted and is no longer positioned near my cervix. Praise be to God! My wish of having Eve be born naturally is now a big possibility.
One thing Dr. Anderer was concerned about was the baby's growth. She's already 90% in growth and to think I still have three more months to go. She said that the baby is big and even asked my husband how big was he when he was born. They will monitor the baby's growth and I may even have another ultrasound to make sure that our baby girl will not be too big for me to deliver the natural way or else they will induce me a week or weeks earlier from the due date (August 20, 2009). Eve's heartbeat was checked and everything about it was perfect. She advised me to go plunging and swimming in the pool because it will help reduce the swelling on some parts of my body.
I personally like this doctor. Maybe because she's very approachable and she encouraged me to speak up the things I worry or I'm concern about. We may even choose her to be the one to take care of me during the labor and delivery day. We'll see. We still have to meet the other two doctors again and see which one we are most comfortable dealing with.
I am very happy that God has answered our prayers regarding my condition with placenta previa. He is always faithful and He knows what is best for me.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Third OBGYN Appointment: Placenta Previa
March 20, 2009 (17 weeks)
I had my third appointment with my OB/GYN last Friday. By the way, my health provider is Oasis OBGYN. The doctor who attended me this time was Dr. Shelly Messer. I like her. She seemed nice and friendly. She's soft-spoken, and smiled often (which I like). I felt at ease with her.
Anyway, they got my ultrasound result submitted by Dr. Russell Carnes from the Fetal & Women's Center of Arizona. Everything looked great when it comes to the baby's health and development. My husband and I couldn't be more thankful that we have a healthy baby.
On the submitted ultrasound report, they found out that my placenta is blocking my cervix. This is going to be a problem because it will cause as a roadblock for the baby to come out during delivery. My husband and I were advised not to have intercourse, until the 26 weeks where I will have another ultrasound. Dr. Messer said that during my next ultrasound, they will find out if my placenta have shifted (which usually happens as the uterus grows), then, everything will be alright. She added that if the placenta doesn't shift and remains blocking my cervix, I am going to have a CS delivery (God forbids!).
Today, I researched online what was the complication all about. I found out that it is called placenta previa. It can cause light or severe vaginal bleeding. A pregnant woman who has "total placenta previa" undergoes CS delivery. Usually pregnant women with this complication is advised for a bed rest or abstain from sexual intercourse. So far in my case, the doctor did not advise me for a bed rest. Just the latter.
See illustration of placenta previa.
I had my third appointment with my OB/GYN last Friday. By the way, my health provider is Oasis OBGYN. The doctor who attended me this time was Dr. Shelly Messer. I like her. She seemed nice and friendly. She's soft-spoken, and smiled often (which I like). I felt at ease with her.
Anyway, they got my ultrasound result submitted by Dr. Russell Carnes from the Fetal & Women's Center of Arizona. Everything looked great when it comes to the baby's health and development. My husband and I couldn't be more thankful that we have a healthy baby.
On the submitted ultrasound report, they found out that my placenta is blocking my cervix. This is going to be a problem because it will cause as a roadblock for the baby to come out during delivery. My husband and I were advised not to have intercourse, until the 26 weeks where I will have another ultrasound. Dr. Messer said that during my next ultrasound, they will find out if my placenta have shifted (which usually happens as the uterus grows), then, everything will be alright. She added that if the placenta doesn't shift and remains blocking my cervix, I am going to have a CS delivery (God forbids!).
Today, I researched online what was the complication all about. I found out that it is called placenta previa. It can cause light or severe vaginal bleeding. A pregnant woman who has "total placenta previa" undergoes CS delivery. Usually pregnant women with this complication is advised for a bed rest or abstain from sexual intercourse. So far in my case, the doctor did not advise me for a bed rest. Just the latter.
See illustration of placenta previa.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Urinary Tract Infection and Constipation Free
I am not a water drinker. Believe it or not, there were times before where I only had a glass of water a day. But one day, I developed a urinary tract infection (UTI). When you have UTI you are required to drink a lot of liquid, most importantly water. Because of my UTI, I started to drink water as much as I could everyday. But that was only for few months after I had it. I keep forgetting to do what I needed to do. Or maybe, just plain lazy and irresponsible. I admit, the latter is the right reason.
I felt the worse when I had UTI recurrence a few weeks of my pregnancy. UTI could be a threat to the baby. But we had it remedied immediately with antibiotics prescribed by my doctor. I was better the day after. I read from a pregnancy book that when you have had UTI, there is a big chance that it gets triggered again when you become pregnant. Most pregnant women tend to develop UTI because the uterus lies above the bladder. As the baby grows, the uterus grows. This causes the blocking of the drainage of urine from the bladder; thus, developing an infection.
Like other pregnant women, I find it hard to get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet when mother nature calls. I've managed to do most of the time, but, there were just moments when I go back to sleep until my bladder feels like bursting that I urge myself to go in the toilet and leak. What a relief!
The benefits I get by drinking water are preventing UTI from coming back and avoiding constipation. Well, constipation is another unpleasant thing that is experienced during pregnancy. But when I started drinking more water, the less constipated or constipation-free I become. It's a great reward!
I felt the worse when I had UTI recurrence a few weeks of my pregnancy. UTI could be a threat to the baby. But we had it remedied immediately with antibiotics prescribed by my doctor. I was better the day after. I read from a pregnancy book that when you have had UTI, there is a big chance that it gets triggered again when you become pregnant. Most pregnant women tend to develop UTI because the uterus lies above the bladder. As the baby grows, the uterus grows. This causes the blocking of the drainage of urine from the bladder; thus, developing an infection.
Like other pregnant women, I find it hard to get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet when mother nature calls. I've managed to do most of the time, but, there were just moments when I go back to sleep until my bladder feels like bursting that I urge myself to go in the toilet and leak. What a relief!
The benefits I get by drinking water are preventing UTI from coming back and avoiding constipation. Well, constipation is another unpleasant thing that is experienced during pregnancy. But when I started drinking more water, the less constipated or constipation-free I become. It's a great reward!
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)