Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crawling Debut: The Exploration Has Just Begun!


My baby is officially crawling at 6 months and 3 weeks old! After days of figuring out how she can move her knees and arms with coordination, her hard work was finally paid off yesterday. Things immediately started to get crazy. She's all over the place. She grabbed computer cords that are hanging from the table, and even knocked off the router. Well, the cords are her favorite things to grab (for now). But, she actually grabbed anything within her reach. She knocked off a pile of her Dada's video games, pulled down a ream of bond paper, and got herself stuck under the swivel chair. The latter was a bit difficult for me. Getting her head out from a compressed area was challenging. I needed to keep my calm and make sure that I was pulling her out with extra caution. Thankfully, I got her out successfully.

We moved our couch back to where it was positioned before. That way, she cannot access the kitchen too easily. The carpet needs to be vacuumed more often (I only vacuum once a week) to get rid of cat hair and other junks that might end up in her mouth or would cause her more skin rashes.

This is just the beginning of the "chasing game." Many times today, I had to pick her up from getting too close to things or areas where she is not supposed to. Constant monitoring is fundamental. I may be keeping an eye on her activities, but, I allow her do and touch things which I deem are harmless. I let her touched the cat's toys which she found on the floor, but made sure that it didn't get to her mouth.

I may already be over 30, but when it comes to this motherhood pilgrimage, I am, but a starter. Now that my daughter's exploration of the world around her just kicked off, we will learn new things together. What's gratifying about this journey is that, I am not alone. I've got my husband together with the support and love of friends and family.

Each new development my Evie attains is quite exciting. May my Father in heaven continue to bless me with His wisdom in able for me to take good care of this beautiful creation the way He wants me to.


 (Crawling under the computer table)

--> She says, "Mama, look what I got?"






No comments:

Post a Comment