Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mama: Eve's First Word

Oh, that first word every parent awaits!

Evie surprised her Dada and me yesterday morning while she was on her Exersaucer playing and was making endless noise..."Mamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa," she babbled!!! Our first reaction was looked at each other, then laughed! What a very joyful moment, specially for me (he he). She called my name! It may just be a random sound that she thoughtlessly uttered, but, a moment that swelled my heart to pure bliss.

Before then, my husband and I wondered which name Evie will say first: Dada or Mama? Obviously, I won! :) (kidding, it's not a contest). Today, we heard her said one syllable which is "ma." I have been encouraging her to say "Mama." Let's see how this development progresses. I keep this memorable event as a mother, written in my heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment