Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Finally, Umbilical Cord Stump Fell Off

It was around 3AM when Evie started to fuss. Three in the morning has been her usual waking, changing, and feeding time. I jumped out of bed and attended to her needs. Brought the baby to her room to check her diaper. To my surprised, her umbilical cord stump fell off. I was a little bit panicky. I didn't know what to do. I was scared of cleaning her navel because I might hurt her. So, I hurriedly went back to our room and woke up my husband. At first, he didn't understand what I was talking about because he was half asleep when I bugged him. I had to repeat just what I said. We both went to Evie's room and he cleaned the baby's belly button with a Q-Tip soaked with an alcohol.

I was quite glad that 2 weeks after she was born, her umbilical cord is finally healed. Now, I no longer have to be so anxious of accidentally touching it. There was one morning where I cried because I saw a little bit of blood coming out from the cord. I was so worried about it until the nurse in her pediatrician's office told us that her cord didn't look like it was infected at all, and a few amount of blood is normal.

Daddy is so happy too because by then we can give his little princess a full bath :)

No comments:

Post a Comment