Thursday, April 9, 2015

Banana Fritters For Afternoon Snack

So this afternoon, I made banana fritters for afternoon
snacks for the girls (and me of course). Got inspired
with the video I watched last night of Sam's Tan
Kitchen. She made a Malaysian Mashed Banana Fritters
that looked delish.

Good thing I have all the ingredients needed: bananas, flour, salt
rice flour, baking powder, sugar, and vegetable oil for frying.

 
 I made the banana fritters with a twist. I added
cinnamon powder (which enhances the flavor of the banana),
and vanilla extract. Also, I used brown sugar instead
of white. I like the sweetness of
brown sugar better. It's a personal choice.

I have my ever-ready helpers in the kitchen. They
always volunteer to help when it's time to make
something. Whether I say yes or no, to them, yes is
always the answer.

 This is how the batter looks like after mixing all the
ingredients. I used two "very" ripe bananas (ones which
peels are already turning brown). I used 4 tbsp
all-purpose flour, 3 tbsp of rice flour, 3 tbsp of brown sugar,
1 tsp baking powder, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder, and
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
The ingredients I used were more than the original recipe.
The bananas I have were very ripe and with excess liquid
because they came straight from the freezer, so I deemed
more dry ingredients need to be added.

Next is the fun part: frying!

One side is cooked. Look at those yummy treats!
I'm salivating already.

The finished product! I sprinkled confectioner sugar
to make it look yummier and for a little addition
of sweetness. The fritters are quite oily, so
make sure you lay them on paper towel to get rid
of the excess oil before serving.

Pray first before digging in. :)

Their most awaited moment... digging in the treats!
They devour everything on the plate. Tummies are
happy, everybody's happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment