Thursday, September 26, 2013

Not a Fan of Commercials on NickJr.com

My 4 year old preschooler has a lot of favorite shows on Nick Jr.. Lately, she's watching more shows on Nick than Disney. She got more excited when she found out that she can play a game online. Well of course, she got that information from Nick itself. So one day she asked if she can play a game and she got her request. Almost every weekday now, she plays for about 30 minutes to an hour of pre-school games on the website. She loves the games specially that she's playing with her favorite characters. However, I am bothered of the commercial that they play before the game begins. The commercial is about teeth whitening which my pre-schooler cannot relate to. And she watches it as she waits the game to start. How in the world that Nick Jr. chose such commercial for a website that claims to be for pre-schoolers? As a mom, I do not want to implant the commercial's message in my girl's innocent mind.

I decided to send them an email regarding my concern on the said issue. I really hope that they will take action on it. I believe they have other sponsors which advertisements are more appropriate for a pre-school age kid. How about you? As a parent, what are your thoughts on this? Would appreciate your opinions/inputs.



No comments:

Post a Comment