Thursday, April 19, 2012

Evie Moves to Her Own Bed

My daughter slept in her own bed last night. The Tinker Bell bed and bedding that her Dada ordered online arrived yesterday. She was trying to be a good helper while her Dada put it together. When it was done, she was excited to lay on it. We were hoping that when it's time for her to go to bed, she will stay.

We put it beside our bed. I still don't want her to be out of my sight while she's sleeping at night, that's why her bed stays in our room. Surprisingly, she told me she wanted to sleep on the Tinker Bell bed. I didn't expect it, but I was happy. After I read her two books, we prayed and she was ready for nite-nite. Every now and then, I checked if she's already asleep. A couple hours later, her Dada found out that she was on our bed, dreaming. A little bit amusing. She didn't even bother us to let us know that she wanted to move in the big bed.

I moved her to her new bed. She woke up. Told her she has to go back to sleep. She did, but only for a few minutes. She woke up again and jumped onto our bed. Took her back to her bed again. She whimpered. She wanted me to hold her and she wanted to sleep in our bed. Told her that she's got a new bed, she's a big girl, and should stay in her bed. She woke up twice. Whimpered. But later, fell back to sleep all through the night.

I missed holding her while we're sleeping. I missed her in my side. A little separation anxiety for me. But I know I have to let go few things with her specially with the new one coming. I'm just glad she stays with us in our bedroom. It would be emotionally difficult for me if she doesn't.

She woke up in a good mood this morning, asking for hot milk. As of this writing, she's napping in her bed. She expressed her desire to sleep in the "big bed" so I had to talk to her about why she has to sleep in her bed. Thankfully, my daughter accepted and understood my reasons. She didn't give me a difficult time.

She is turning into a big girl. I am starting to miss my little girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment