Friday, February 10, 2012

"I'm Super Sorry, Mom"

Yesterday, my daughter uttered one of the most touching things that a mother would love to hear. Actually, touching and at the same time, funny. "I'm super sorry, Mom." It's the word "super" that changed the whole meaning of her words. As far as I know, she only knows "super" from "super chicken." It's her Dada who taught her about "super chicken" with matching chicken sound. That's why I was so surprised when she used the word when she asked for sorry.

The Scenario

She was sitting on my lap watching her Little Einsteins show, while my hands were busy typing the laptop keyboard. Suddenly, I felt something warm on my left leg. She peed and it leaked through my pants. We are currently potty-training her. Instead of using her regular Pampers pull-ups, she's using a Gerber training underpants. The outer side is made of plastic, but the inside is plain cloth. So, she'd usually leak when she pees, and that's what happened yesterday. Unfortunately, I got wet too. When she saw the disappointment in my face, she looked so concern and told me "I'm super sorry, Mom" twice. I couldn't help but chuckle. My heart was touched. It's funny how she uses the word of which I don't think she knows the meaning of. But the way she used it was right (grammatically). I just don't have any idea why she used such word—what made her? I wish I know.

Well, since yesterday, everytime she does something that doesn't make me happy, she tells me the same thing. "I'm super sorry." Makes me wonder why. It's amazing when our little learners start to know new words and use them to communicate with us. One day they'll just surprise us in a beautiful way. Sometimes in a funny or touching way.

No comments:

Post a Comment