Friday, May 7, 2010

Why Health Insurance is Important

Back in my home country, insurance is not as popular as how it is here in the U.S.. When I came here, I was stunned at first of how much amount of money people have to set aside each month to pay their insurance. My family is not exempted. There's not only one, but several insurance we have to pay: home insurance, health needs insurance, and car insurance. I was only able to understand how important healthcare insurance is when I gave birth to my daughter. The total cost of our hospital bill was unbelievable. Good thing we have medical insurance which absolutely saved us from the huge amount of hospital care expenses, or else, we'll go bankrupt.

My advise to Moms and parents when it comes to insurance is that, if you have not gotten health insurance yet, and is planning to purchase one, it is important that you compare insurance quotes and the type of insurance plans and coverage offered by various insurers. This way, you will be able to determine which insurance policy caters your needs and financial capability best.

In my personal opinion, insurance is vital for the family. Allotting a budget for insurance each month may be a little bit of burden in our pocket. But when it comes to emergencies, it is such a big help.

No comments:

Post a Comment