Saturday, July 18, 2015

Girl Power Skirts

"There is a superhero in all of us. We just need the courage to put on our cape."


For $2.50 (+tax), I was able to make my girls superhero skirts, featuring DC's girl powers: Batgirl, Super Girl, and Wonder Woman! Bought the fabric at Walmart. I believe this fabric is also available at Joann. Waist and hem are taken from my scrap fabrics. Back of the skirts are stretchable with 1" elastic. This is a very simple rectangle shape pattern and gathered according to their size.


 Fi loves the small pocket on the left side of her skirt. She loves it so much that she fills it with rocks she collected from our front yard. She does not like a lot of lace or ruffles on her skirt, but I managed to put a small piece of lace on the pocket and she's never bothered with it. :)




 With Evie, I embellished the front waistline with 2 1/2 wide of fabric strap and form it into a bow.


No comments:

Post a Comment