Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Old, Familiar, Beautiful Sound

We heard our little one's heartbeat for the first time today. Yeah... that old, familiar, most beautiful sound to a mother's ear. I couldn't be more happy but to hear the nurse say that the baby's heartbeat sounds great. Thank God, that little, precious peanut inside Mama's tummy is doing well.

Evie will be an "Ate" (big sister) soon—most probably by early June. Another summer baby. Having an addition to the family is another exciting journey for me as a mother. Knowing that Evie is going to have a playmate in months and years to come, brings joy to my heart. I am sure that she will be a responsible, loving, and affectionate big sister.

Next week, I have an ultrasound appointment. Nothing is more exciting than to see that tiny life growing inside of me. I wonder how Evie will react when she sees the baby. I do not know if she will understand or not. Most probably, she'll remain this curious little monkey inside the laboratory like what she did this morning at the doctor's office.I am hoping we will be able to know the baby's gender in this appointment. I have a feeling that it is going to be a boy. We'll see. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment