Friday, December 10, 2010

Woe to Sickness

The little one has been sick since the other day. Cough, cold, and swollen gums (from teething). I can tell that this is worse from the previous one. Her eyes are watery most of the time and the coughing is totally unpleasant for her. It's her first time to get a cough. The first coughs made her upset. She'd whimper to express her displeasure. But later, the whimpers' gone. Perhaps, getting used to it. As an adult, I prefer to have a cold than cough. It's very annoying. Aside from a ticklish throat, it disturbs sleep. That's what it does to her.

On bed, she keeps changing positions. The reason why she does this I guess is that, she's trying to find the right spot and position in able for her to breathe better. She always wants to sleep on my arm or her Dada's. Having her head on our arms is an ordinary scene at bedtime, but when she's sick, she's more needy of our touch.

As a Mom, I despise every sickness that strikes my daughter. But at the same time, I consider it as an opportunity for me to ask healing from the ultimate Healer and have absolute faith that He will touch her with His healing hands. Sickness is part of this fallen world. I am just so thankful that I have a God who is always there to wipe it away and restore good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment