Friday, August 28, 2009

Elephant Legs

One of the worse aftermaths I had to deal after C-section were my elephant-looking legs. The swelling from my pregnancy tripled. I was supplied with bags of IV fluids which made my legs plumper. They were so tight, and when I touched them, they felt like bursting. The tightness was really extreme. I was told by nurses that it will take 2 weeks for the swelling to go away.

The past few days, I could not bend my legs. I had to ask my husband's help everytime I wear my underwear or shorts. I just discovered days ago that applying lotion offers relief and makes the skin a little bit pliable (at least). It's been a week now since we went home from the hospital. The good news is, my legs are getting better. My thighs are starting to get back to normal. My lower legs and feet are halfway there. I can now bend a bit and can wear my lower outfits by myself. I tried to drink water as much as I can to encourage the fluids to drain out from my body. I think it helps as well.

Cannot wait until I have my legs are back to kicking again!

No comments:

Post a Comment