Monday, March 7, 2016

How to Fix the Sound of Sofia the First Digital Puppet Book in Your iPad

Because you are reading this blog, I presume that you are either a mom or a dad  looking for a solution to fix a bug of the Sofia the First Digital Book app in your iPad. All of a sudden the sound of the app stopped working. How disappointing, specially for your little Sofia fan. Like you, it took me so long to figure out what was going on. The sound of the app ceased to work 2 years ago. I didn't bother to uninstall and reinstall the app. I did not want to lose all the files that my older daughter recorded (successfully with sound) -- for sentimental reasons. I delight listening to her cute, innocent 3-year old voice. She too likes to watch and listen to her recording.

Time came when my younger daughter found interest in playing the app. My poor Fi, she had to deal with mute puppets. I felt bad for her. At the same time, I did not want to uninstall the app. Wondering if I would be able to keep the recorded files, I contacted Disney's customer service. Same thing I already knew was suggested -- uninstall and reinstall the Sofia the First app. Unfortunately, doing the process will not make me save the files. I will lose them forever. I did not want to do that. So the girls kept playing the app with puppets that cannot talk.

One day, my 3 year old decided to play the app. While playing, she informed me that she deleted all the files. Imagine the horror I felt. I just put both of my hands on my face. She got so upset of how I reacted, she cried and was sobbing like her heart was going to break into pieces. I felt guilty. Why get upset at something special the older one created, and at the same time break the heart of the other one? I realized, hey, we have a lot of videos of the older sister when she was little. I can always watch and listen to those videos. I hugged my little one so tight and told her how much I love her. She is more special and important than any material thing.

No choice this time, I uninstall and reinstall the app. Disappointments of all disappointments, the fix did not solve the problem, until my husband mentioned something about another app with the same problem. When I figured out what the problem was, me and my little one were ecstatic. Oh how small little things make you wiggle and dance!

So, the most awaited one of all -- the steps on how to bring back the sound of Sofia the First Digital Book app in your iPad. Follow these easy, simple steps to fix the bug:
  1. Go to settings.
  2. On the left side, scroll down to the Sofia the First app. 
  3. When you get there, you will see texts that says, "Allow Sofia the First to access to--"
  4. At the bottom of the texts you will see the microphone. If the color of the microphone is gray (which means off), press to turn it on (change to green color).
  5. Your little one is ready to record with puppets that actually makes sound!
 Hope this solution helps you. I can already see in my mind, one little princess all smiling doing her own puppet show :)

No comments:

Post a Comment